Monday, December 18, 2017

Stella Díaz Has Something to Say Blog Post #3

This week I thought I'd share some pictures of my childhood best friend, Mimi. She's the inspiration for the character Jenny in Stella Díaz Has Something to Say. Coming up with the name Jenny for Mimi was a no brainer. When we were little, Mimi went through the phase where she wanted to be called Jenny. She even tried to get me to try to call her that! Well in a way, she finally has!

While I don't see her as much as I would like, I have fond memories of growing up with Mimi. Mimi introduced me to pho, one of my favorite foods, and like Jenny used to take as many bites as possible in each piece of food. I remember her eating a baby carrot for an hour.

It's 4 weeks more to Stella's big debut, but if you would like to preorder it, please visit here. And if you want to see a little peek of the book, click on the video below! 

Mimi and me at the Magic Time Machine

No comments: