Monday, September 18, 2017

Book Festivals

I just recently got back from two wonderful Book Festivals. Bookmarks Festival  was a real treat. I got to met some of my heroes and new heroes including Grace Lin, Javaka Steptoe, Michael Fry, and Matt Tavares. The school visits were also terrific. I just continue to be impressed with number of bilingual schools. I certainly would have loved that when I was growing up.

The second was the Brooklyn Book Festival which was like a big publishing reunion. I could go on and on about both, but instead I'll post some of my favorite pictures.
My former student, Alex Lee, stopped by Brooklyn Book Festival 

Signing at Brooklyn Book Festival 

Chatting with the wonderful kids at Speas Global Academy 

Speas Global Academy 

Kid Lit Fun at Bookmarks Book Festival 



No comments: