Thursday, September 16, 2010


I just came back from a wonderful trip to New York. I met with amazing art directors/editors at Simon & Schuster, Dial, Dutton, Greenwillow/Harper, New York Times Magazine, The New Yorker, Hyperion, Harcourt/Clarion, and Henry Holt.

While there I was able to reconnect with a few friends, finally met Jeanne Betancourt (author of Ava Tree and Pony Pals) at her gorgeous place, and saw great artwork. In addition, I had the privilege of speaking to one of Bil Donovan's classes at Fashion Institute (FIT).

In other news, I'm a few weeks away from wrapping up the lullaby book with Tricycle Press and about to finally start illustrating the first book I've ever written, Maria Had A LIttle Llama (Henry Holt 2012).

Lastly, two of my amazing students from AAU are doing extremely well. Ye Won Lee, won second place in the Portfolio Competition at the SCBWI LA conference and Sara Palacios just got a book deal with Children's Book Press. I couldn't be prouder.

No comments: